Instead of throwing the banana peels in the garbage can, you can turn it to another product like the banana peeling vinegar. Looks easy to make and I haven’t seen this in the market yet so maybe you can start producing this if you wanted to start a vinegar making business.
1 kg banana peels
8 cups water
1½ cups sugar
½ teaspoon baker’s yeast
1 cup vinegar starter
wide-mouthed glass jars
- Slice a kilo of banana peel, add 4 cups water, then boil.
- Extract the juice of banana peel, decant and filter through cheesecloth.
- Add 4 cups water, 1 ½ cup sugar and pasteurize for 10 – 15 minutes at 60 -65ºC.
- Transfer into sterilized container, half-filled.
- Cool, then add ½ tsp baker’s yeast for every 8 cup mixture. Allow to ferment for 7-8 days.
- Decant/siphon to separate sediments (dead yeast).
- Add 1 c of vinegar starter for every 4 cup liquid. Cover with clean cloth/paper.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for 2-3 weeks or until a sour odor of vinegar is attained. Decant to separate the sediments.
- Fill container to full capacity. Age for a month to produce quality vinegar.
- Pasteurize at 60ºC for 5 minutes. Filter, bottle, seal tightly, label and store.
business: Frequently tagged products at Amazon.com
Products on amazon.com which are tagged "business" most frequently. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this feed was generated; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon.com
Investing Now: An Insiders Guide to Flipping Houses For Income Today (Paperba...
6 Jun 2012 at 12:16am
Investing Now: An Insiders Guide to Flipping Houses For Income Today (Paperback)
By Jim Ingersoll
Buy new: $10.93
Customer tags: real estate(132), investing(129), wealth(127), real estate investing(127), flipping houses(126), investment strategies(125), business(125), house(123), banking(122), house rehab(120), real estate books(65), real estate investment(64)